Stitchkraft.co is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
“Customer” means each and every person or corporation to whom Stitchkraft.co supplies Goods and Services, and in the context of using the Stitchkraft Website, the person or corporation using the Stitchkraft Website at any time.
“Data” means any data inputted by you or with your authority through the use of the Stitchkraft Website or Services and includes, without limitation, data owned or supplied by you or data which may otherwise be generated, compiled, arranged or developed by you in using the Services.
“Device” means any type of device including a computer, mobile phone, tablet or console that enables a Customer to access and use the Stitchkraft Website and Services.
“Device Information” means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Stitchkraft Website or Services, including your Device type, your Device’s network connections, your Device’s name, your Device’s IP address, information about your Device’s web browser and the internet connection used to access the Stitchkraft Website or Services, Geolocation Information, information about apps downloaded to your Device and biometric data (such as Touch ID/Fingerprint).
“Geolocation Information” means information that identifies your location by using longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS, Wi-Fi or cell site triangulation. "Services" means any and all services provided by Stitchkraft.co and services provided through the Stitchkraft Website.
“Stitchkraft Website” means the website operated by Stitckkraft.co (currently https://www.stitchkraft.com.au/ or as updated from time to time).
“Technical Usage Data” means information we collect from your Device that you use to access the Stitchkraft Website or Services such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Stitchkraft Website, the date and length of your visit and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the Stitchkraft Website and other usage and browsing information collected through cookies.
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions published on the Stitchkraft Website and as updated from time to time.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We collect and use personal information from Users of the Stitchkraft Website. The specific type of personal information that we collect will depend on the reasons for, or circumstances of its collection and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Account registration and user information: name, telephone and mobile number, email address and address;
- Verification of identity information: age, date of birth, place of birth, details and copies of government issued identity documents (such as driver’s licence);
- Payment and transactional information: banking, credit card or debit card details, billing information and bill details;
- Enquiries, communications and social media: information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our Services, communication content, metadata associated with communications and information about you shared by social media platforms (if you communicate with us via a social media platform that we use).
We generally do not collect sensitive information (as defined under the Privacy Act) and restrict collection of such information to circumstances where we have either obtained your express consent or we are permitted by law.
If you do not allow us to collect all the personal information we reasonably request, we may not be able to deliver the Services to you.
4. How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you. For example, we collect personal information from you or about you from:
- your use of the Stitchkraft Website and Services provided by Stitchkraft;
- records of your transactions and other interactions (including by email, phone and online) with Stitchkraft.co or on the Stitchkraft Website;
- correspondence between you and Sticthkraft.co;
- visits to and submissions you make on the Stitchkraft Website;
- your interactions with our electronic direct mail and/or emails from our marketing campaigns (such as clicks on links included in these emails);
- registration and forms you may fill in for our marketing-related activities, events and competitions.
In some instances, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, including our related entities, government agencies and regulatory authorities. We may also receive personal information about you from your authorised third parties and publicly available sources, such as when you have joined a mailing list.
5. Why we collect, hold and use personal information
We collect and hold your personal information for a variety of purposes, and you permit us to use it:
- to provide you with use of the Stitchkraft Website;
- to enable you to register an Account with Stitchkraft.co;
- for purposes related to performing and supplying the Services to you;
- to provide, administer and personalise the Stitchkraft Website and our Goods and Services;
- to manage our relationship with you, communicating with you, identifying you when you contact us, responding to your enquiries and for maintaining and updating records;
- to ensure the security of the Stitchkraft Website and Services and maintaining back-ups of our database(s);
- to offer, promote, advertise, market and sell relevant and suitable Goods and Services to you;
- to run promotional competitions; to send you relevant notifications, electronic direct mail, email marketing campaigns and/or newsletters;
- for processing payments and refunds; to verify your identity;
- and for any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
In addition to the above, you permit us to use your personal information:
- where you have consented to its use or disclosure;
- to develop and improve our business, the Stitchkraft Website and the Services;
- to train and manage employees of Stitchkraft,co;
- for monitoring, research and analysis in relation to our business, the Stitchkraft.co Website and the Services;
- to involve you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback, for example conducting surveys; for our internal accounting and administration;
- where we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- in the preparation for, or conduct of, court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure (or the implementation of orders of a court or tribunal or on behalf of an enforcement body);
- to protect our lawful interests and facilitate any acquisitions or potential acquisitions of our business;
- for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice;
- and for any lawful purpose.
Where we wish to use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, we will obtain your consent.
The uses outlined above may not be able to be performed without your personal information and therefore the Customer acknowledges that Services may not be able to be provided if the Customer elects to not provide such personal information.
6. Disclosure to third parties
By using the Stitchkraft Website and our Services and/or by providing us with your personal information (or allowing another person to do so), you acknowledge and consent to us disclosing some or all of your personal information to relevant third parties including:
- to our related entities as necessary for the provision of our Services or to enable them to provide service offerings you have requested;
- to our third party service providers who assist us with payments, marketing, data processing, IT, archival, auditing, accounting, customer contract, legal, business consulting, banking, delivery, data analysis, document management, research, investigation, insurance, website and other services;
- to a person that uses the Sticthkraft Website and Services on your behalf and/or a person you have authorised;
- in accordance with requirements or authorisations under applicable laws or to comply with our legal obligations;
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party recipients are obliged to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
7. How we hold and store personal information
Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk.
Access to personal information is restricted to staff and contractors whose job description requires access. Our employees and service providers are contractually obliged to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
8. Destruction of personal information
Stitchkraft.co will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information which is no longer needed is destroyed or de-identified in a secure manner.
9. Request to delete personal information and data
You are entitled to request the deletion of your personal information provided we are not required to retain the information by law.
To make such a request, please contact us via the details below and we will attend to the manual deletion of the relevant personal information unless it is unlawful, unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so.
10. Access to and correction of personal data
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information and Data held by us.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time of you making the request and give you access in the manner you requested unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. There may be reasons why we cannot give you access to the information that you have requested, or we refuse to correct your personal information. In these instances, we will let you know these reasons in writing.
To assist us to keep our records up to date, please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
11. Data breach
We will take seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorised loss, use or disclosure of personal information or Data.
We are subject to the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme (“NDB Scheme”) under the Privacy Act. In assessing and responding to suspected notifiable data breaches, we will act in accordance with:
- our applicable policies which incorporate the requirements of the NDB Scheme;
- and the guidance of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”).
Where a breach of your personal information occurs that is likely to cause serious harm, we will notify you and make recommendations about the steps you should take in response to the breach. Where required by law, the OAIC will also be notified.
12. Feedback and surveys
From time to time, you may have the option to participate in surveys or provide feedback intended to improve the services offered by us which may involve providing additional personal information. Your participation in such activities is subject to your consent.
13. Direct marketing
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you via direct mail, email, SMS, MMS, targeted digital advertising or any other means of marketing communication, where:
- you have consented to us doing so;
- or it is otherwise permitted by law.
You may opt out of direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities set out in the direct marketing communications.
Some of the direct marketing communications includes free newsletters. There may be cases in which some of your personal information may be used by Stitchkraft.co on an ongoing basis to target e-commerce promotions and telemarketing activities unless you opt out as outlined above, or we are prevented by law.
The circumstances in which we obtain personal information for the purpose of sending direct marketing includes when you register an Account or checkout as a guest on the Stitchkraft Website or partner websites.
- personalise your visit to the Stitchkraft Website and to deliver content specific to your interests,
- including via email and to save your member ID;
- to keep track of your shopping cart and to make sure you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly;
- provide information about us to you while you browse;
- and obtain non-identifying information about your demographic group and general interests.
Additionally, after you have entered in your contact and delivery details during a session on the Stitchkraft Website, you can elect to save that information so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to the Stitchkraft Website. To prevent this, you must select “DO NOT SAVE DETAILS” when prompted.
You may elect to disable cookies and/or geolocation sharing at any time.
Stitchkraft.co’s cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details. Rather, they just associate your member ID with this information once you have logged in. However, if you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from the Stitchkraft Website, you can use your browser to do so. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
15. Third party cookies
Sticthkraft.co participates in some third party ‘online behavioural advertising’ (OBA), on a non-personally identifiable basis. This allows online advertising displayed to you to be tailored according to your browsing behaviour on various websites, not just our own. You can find out more details about OBA, the best practice guidelines and how to opt out from OBA with participating companies at the industry website www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on (03) 6161 3933.